Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Erratic Blogger

Yes I’ve fallen in love with microblogging. I’m time poor, I have a kid, I’m a casual fitness instructor, I have a full time day job in media, so my work and play is a balancing act and I don’t really have much time to write long, meandering blogs (so expect succinct thoughts here!). I’m sure it’s a quick process for those veteran bloggers, but like most things, thoughts come on the fly and there’s no better way to capture these thoughts than through the likes of Twitter, Friendster and Yammer.

I’m lucky that part of my job involves being ‘in tune’ with the online community. Whilst some folks at work would find the notion of Twitter-ing a chore and rather monotonous, the notion of escaping to a
third place, made up of people who have common interests and the same desire to share their sometimes wacky, sometimes serious thoughts on their view of the world is hard to come by.

And we’ve talked about it for a long time but its benefits remain alive and kicking – being online via these communities brings folks from all over the world into your local laptop, and that’s pretty cool.

I am relatively new to the whole thing (does this still make me early adopter) but it doesn’t take long to get hooked – mainstream folks who read this, give it a go! Find me
here.

No comments: