Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Media09 – The Highlights

Since this was the first one I’ve even been to, I wasn’t sure what to expect at this year’s Media09 gathering. Aside from Nic Newman and Francisco Cordera, I hadn’t come across any of the other speakers but thought that having a look was probably worthwhile based on my boss’ recommendation.

I’m glad I did go– the diverse plethora of talks from head honchos across USA and UK were insightful, entertaining and more importantly, localized to the Australian media audience. If I was to wrap up the key takeouts from the day, this are:

  • Context is now king (and so is engagement)
  • Consumers of media are now effective ‘curators’ of content
  • Social media doesn’t need to be sociable, yet social experience revolves around the content experience
  • Media is now richer than ever, it’s global yet personal and it involves the community – the social element
For more details from the day, see below!

No comments: